Next entry: Crayford focusser Orion Optics UK

Previous entry: Comet Swan and some deepsky tourism

My new toy
A few weeks ago my new telescope arrived, a f/5.3, 12-inch Dobson from Orion Optics UK, equipped with a 9x50 finder and a Crayford focuser. At the moment I am adding a few extras, like the Argo Navis Digital Telescope Computer, a fan behind the primary, some flocked paper in some parts of the tube and a tube extension to prevent stray light coming into the scope.

I will keep you updated, and of course I will publish my observing reports with this scope in the next few months (weather permitting). I also will publish some technical details (mount, tube, mirrors) and some test results for the primary by Orion Optics UK.

image
Click to enlarge

Posted by Math on 10/24 at 02:49 PM
Equipment • (5) CommentsPermalink

Hi Math,

Very nice toy indeed!
You should take good care of it. Did you notice the little red alien, already joyriding on it?

Greetings,

Huub Willems

Posted by  on  10/25  at  10:20 AM

Hi Huub,

I noticed him all right! He’s probably the one who released all the clouds into the sky for the last two weeks.

tongue wink

Posted by Math  on  10/25  at  02:30 PM

Hi Math,
First time commenter! cheese
That is a really nice scope.What size Crayford focuser is on it?.I have a Meade LXD75 10”.I take prime focus images with it and recently,purchased a 2"prime focus adaptor and a 2” lumicon Deep sky filter for it.My problem is,the standard 2.25” focuser that came with the scope won’t draw in far enough to achieve a focus and I need a shorter focuser.What is the length of the focuser on your scope if you don’t mind me asking?.
Clear skies

Posted by Andrew  on  10/31  at  04:58 PM

Congratulations Math.

Very good addition to your family of scopes. I heard positive commentaries about Orion UK optics. Let us know your impressions.

Posted by Julio Cesar  on  11/06  at  09:01 AM

HELLO I AM A NEW MEMBER BASED IN LANCASHIRE ENGLAND

I HAVE JUST ORDERED A 200MM F6 ORION OPTICS REFLECTOR WITH CRAYFORD FOCUSER HI LUX COATINGS 1/6 WAVE OPTICS

ORION OPTICS ARE A WELL RESPECTED COMPANY IN THE UK; THEY ARE HAND MADE TO ORDER AND NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ORION TELESCOPES MADE IN CHINA

ANYWAY WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON

Posted by  on  04/05  at  07:36 AM

Name:

Email:

Location:

URL:

Smileys

Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?